Friday, March 9, 2012

Lion craft

 

I have tried to search for where I found this craft and can't find it so i don't have a link to share.
  • You can take pretty much any picture of a lion, cut about an inch or so circle around the face. 
  • Cut out two legs and the tail. 
  • Have kids color all lion parts.
  • Have the kids cut slips all the way around the head like I've done. (Yes having preschoolers with scissors can be scary but it is good for them. It helps build the skills they need for writing.) 
  • Take the head and glue on the bottom side of a small paper plate. (The raised side.)
  •  Take the tail and two legs and glue to the opposite side of the plate of the head.
  • You could also add yarn around the lions head for a more 3D effect.

This is a cute craft for lion storytime or circus storytime. When having lion ST I read the books Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen, We're going on a lion hunt by Margery Cuyler, and If I were a jungle animal by Amanda Ellery. Also good, would be a version of The Lion and the Mouse.

I will share some great circus books on the circus theme blog.

Keep up the crafting!

lil_jill


No comments:

Post a Comment